Introduction to CMPFA
The Center for Materials Processing and Failure Analysis (CMPFA) is a full service materials research and testing facility serving manufacturers in a variety of industries. The firm specializes in chemical analysis, metallurgical evaluation, mechanical testing, corrosion simulation, failure analysis, and metallurgical course/training.
The firm is supported by high-qualified staffs (12 doctors & 12 master degree) as well as the facility of laboratories, such as:
- Chemistry lab,
- Mechanical test lab,
- Metallography & heat treatment lab,
- Metal forming lab,
- Foundry lab,
- Corrosion lab,
- Non-destructive test lab, and
- SEM & EDX lab.
CMPFA is a subsidiary of Department of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering, University of Indonesia.
The Board of Director of whole organization is as follow:
- The Chairman of Dept. of Metallurgy and Materials Eng.: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Bambang Suharno
- The Head of CMPFA : Dr. Ir. Sri Harjanto
Service Descriptions from CMPFA
- More than 1000 contracts/work orders have been made, dealing with more than 100 industries/institutions in Java.
- More than 75% of total contract is material testing activities, which cover chemical analysis, mechanical testing, corrosion testing, etc.
- About 10% of total contract is failure analysis project; several of them are still in progress.